The UMRAE research activities focus on the reduction of noise and its impact on environment, through experimental, numerical, theoretical and interdisciplinary approaches. The objectives of UMRAE aim to :
- Improve scientific knowledge and disseminate results on noise generation, propagation and reception in the environment (« academic » research).
- Develop noise prediction tools for planners and specialists, by proposing :
- reference approaches (laboratory models towards the scientific community);
- engineering approaches (specification, standards, calculation codes) towards the professional world (engineering companies).
- Develop and disseminate acoustic methods for the experimental characterization of noise sources, materials, infrastructures, noise levels and relevant observables, towards the scientific and technical community.
- Propose reduction and protection solutions againt noise across
- the territory (optimisation of traffic plans, development of infrastructures...),
- the infrastructure (road surfaces, noise barriers…),
- the material (component of a building wall, revegetation of facades…).